This discussion on wax pen maintenance will provide you with some tips on how to keep your pen working at its best. Wax pens are fairly easy to maintain, but many people don’t know how to look after them. This article will give you a clear rundown of what the important parts of your pen are, and what you can do for when it starts to break down. It also has some helpful links and images, so make sure you read on!
There are several things you can do to keep your oil cartridge working as it should. Many of the problems that occur with these devices have to do with the rubber or silicone gaskets where the cartridges touch the heating element. This is a common problem that occurs when heat gets to the silicone causing it to melt and evaporate. Over time this may cause oil leaks or worse problems for your device.
So, here are some few tips on keeping your pen in good, working order:
Tips on Cartridge Maintenance:
- Shaking – Next time before using your wax pen hold it upside down and give it a good couple of shakes. This will help remove any remaining loose particles that may have been sitting on the atomizer chamber of your cartridge.
- Cleaning – When you first get a new wax cartridge from the shop you can remove it from the package and clean off any excess dirt or debris that may have collected on the surface. Just rub it down using a damp cloth to remove any flaky bits of residue.
- Air Dry – Don’t submerge your pen in an open container of water when you are finishing up a session with it. The water could cause the atomizer chamber gasket to swell up, making it loose and starting to leak. Leave your pen in a container with a damp cloth for about 10 minutes before putting it away.
- Lubricate – As you may know, the oils inside of your wax cartridge are very sticky and will cause friction when they come into contact with each other. Many people don’t realize how bad this can be and end up with some damage to their device because of it. You can avoid this by simply applying a little bit of Teflon grease to the tiniest parts that rub against each other when using your pen.
- Deep Clean – If your pen is starting to look a little rough and worn out then you can give it a deep clean by removing all the parts, disassembling the device, cleaning out all the parts and lubricating each of them with some Teflon grease. Make sure you clean any excess oil or residue off the heating element, replace any faulty gaskets, oil seals or batteries and reassemble your wax pen.
- Long Term Storage – When storing your pen for long periods of time make sure you store it in a safe place that has low humidity or else over time it could rust and develop leaks or corrosion.
- Don’t Over Tighten – Don’t over tighten the rubber grip ring on the bottom of your pen. It is designed so that you can easily remove the atomizer chamber for maintenance or when replacing the cartridges. If you keep it too tight then it will damage or deform your atomizer chamber and cause leaks and replacement parts will cost you a lot more money. Ensure that the pressure on the rubber ring is being evenly distributed around its surface.
- Try Some New Pens – If your cartridge isn’t holding up well then try buying a different one from your local vape shop – they usually carry several different brands of oil cartridges and variations in power levels to choose from. If you are still having problems with your pen, then I advise that you take it to a professional and have it serviced.
Benefits of a Wax Pen
There are many benefits to having a wax pen. From the organic terpene-based oils used in these devices to the unique and stylish way that these devices look, the benefits can go on and on.
However, when it comes down to it, besides being healthier thank smoking, the biggest benefit is simply how discreet they are. They don’t need to be hidden away somewhere or kept in a bag – you can simply carry them around with you and get high wherever you please without anyone noticing. It really is a great way to vaporize cannabis oil if you want to avoid getting caught with it.
Wax Pens for Wax
A wax pen is a device that uses heat to vaporize concentrates such as wax or oil. Some devices can also be used with dry herbs but the most popular type of wax pens are used exclusively for oils, waxes and other related products. They are shaped differently than regular e-cigs and vaporizers and usually have a sleek style that is meant to mimic the look of a fancy ballpoint pen. These devices are available in different sizes, colors and different parts can even be replaceable if they break.
There are a few components in any given gadget including: the battery, a heating chamber, mouthpiece wick and an atomizer that heats up when activated. Most of these devices have a magnetized lid that sticks onto the battery to keep it protected from shocks and from falling apart. Some pens are capable of being charged and some can even work as a vape device or bong.
There are many different types of pens, depending on the different materials that they are made of. Wax pens can be made out of metal, plastic and wood. There are also wax pen kits with combos available for people who want to start growing their own cannabis at home.